This is for our loving family and friends, to follow along the journey to China with us.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Sad today
So it is the last day of November, and as I sit here in the house with it being freezing outside, I can't help but think where our daughter is...I know she is out there on the other side of the globe from us....is she warm enough? Does she have toys to play with? Is she taking a nap? Well at this exact time it is 4am (13 hr time difference) so I am hoping that she is tucked in with covers for the night and she is warm enough and her belly if full. It is amazing how you wonder about the child you have never met, or seen their face in a picture yet.....the bond for our daughter started long ago, and it grows stronger everyday....even her room is about done, just a few more last touches to finish. I write this today, because today marks the end of 3 months waiting for "the call" we have been in the adoption process for 14 months now, but only 3 of it has been waiting officially for the call of our lives. The other 11 months were spent on the paperchase, to get us to this point. My heart is particually heavy today, as it is the holiday season, and not only do I pray and wish and hope everyday that we get "the call" before the end of this year....I say extra prayers for her.....I am sad for her, that this year she will not be waking up to a beautiful Christmas tree with gifts galore underneath it to greet her...that she does not have a room of her own, that she can make a total mess in....I am just sad, and I wish that I could not only see her face for the first time, with us getting the call, but I wish that I could scoop her up and hold her right now. Tomorrow I will turn the calendar to December, and also write at the top of the page "month 4 of waiting".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment