Me: "Hello?"
Agency: "Yes, is this Amanda?"
Me: "Yes it is"
Agency: "Well, is Patrick around too?" (at this time I started to choke on my cookie about, and started getting teary eyes...)
Me: "No, I am in Ohio visiting my family, he is at work at home...can we conference him in???"
Agency: "Yes, hold on..."
Patrick: "Hello babe, can you hear me?"
Me: "oh my goodness, yes hi, yes I can hear you..."
Agency: "chuckles, and says ok we can all 3 hear each other right?"
Patrick and I: "Yes"
Agency: "Ok, well we have a little someone we would like to share with you"
Me: ah ah, oh, ok let me find a pen and paper ( at this point my mind went to mush....)
Our agency then told us all about our beautiful daughter. I started to cry, because I was so happy, because I wished I was with Patrick in person at this moment, because my mom was able to share in the great day with me. A million of emotions all at once....we hung up with our agency, and Patrick and I talked with each other for a bit. I remember opening up our daughters file and seeing her picture for the first time....I will never, ever forget that moment, or any of the events of that day. We have waited so so very long to see our daughters face for the first time...I do not even have words to explain the feelings of pure joy and happiness. As soon as I opened up the email, and saw her face for the first time, I lost it...I broke down and cried.....my mom and grandparents came over to hug me, and we all just cried! I thought of Patrick, and wished I was there with him. I then spent the next 3 hours on the phone with family and friends, sharing the great news!
Our daughters name is Morgan Yu Zhen and she is 10 months old, born on 2-20-2011. She is waiting for us in Henan China, in a foster home. and weighs 15.7 lbs. We are over the moon in love with her and can not wait to go to China to bring her home!! We hope to travel in May, but will know more in a few months. We are now waiting on more paperwork. We received our PA,, or Pre-Approval yesterday. Today starts day 1 of our LOA (Letter Of Approval) wait. This can take anywhere from 1-3ish months...then we wait on TA (Travel Approval) which is about 11-15 weeks after LOA. At last, please enjoy our daughter's sweet face:
![]() |
| those eyes made us fall is love at first sight! |
![]() |
| LOVE this bare butt picture!! She is about 6 months old here |
![]() |
| look at how many layers she has on! She is 10 months old in this picture |
| the first time I saw our daughters face |
| The Proud Mom and Dad! |
| She is already Daddy's little girl! |
| Mommy's sweetheart |
| Aunt Anne and Uncle Stephan! |
| Proud Grandparents! |



I am soooo happy for you guys! I know that you have been waiting for this moment for a while!!!!! Congratulations
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :-)
ReplyDelete