I have been MIA for quite some time,.... so sorry!! Been very very busy!!! Okay, time to rewind:
Our social workers name is Heather. She was actually about 15 min. LATE....can you bellieve that? Here we are, me about to pass out from being so nervous, and not even wanting to sit on the couch, in fear I would wrinkle the cushions.....when I look back at it now I just laugh at how crazy I was, but at that time I was in the unknown. There were leaves all over the ground, and I was actually getting mad at the leaves for falling...hello, it was FALL.....okay, she got there, and as soon as we all said hi, and the dogs introduced themselves...I was much much more calmer than I had expected. She sat on the chair, and we both sat on the couch. We talked for about an hour, and it was much more relaxed and layed back than I had prepared myself for. Then she walked around to look at the house....I thought oh great, this is my moment!! I had cleaned and scrubbed for weeks now, this will be easy! And, it was....she litterally walked thru said okay, and then we were done! She came back about a month later, to do our one on one talks with her, and this time she did not walk thru the house again. I was nervous for that appointment too, but not near as nervous as I was the first one. We are now awaiting the final home study...in which then it will be 100% done. I remember when Heather emailed us the rough draft, for us to check for any typos (in which we did find a handful) I could not even open the email for a few hours, because I was balling...just crying and crying because I was so happy we have finally gotten this far in our process!! I was finally able to read it, and it brought tears to my eyes. I cried on and off that entire day!! I can not wait to see how long I cry when we get our Dossier done and ready to finally send ot to China.
No comments:
Post a Comment