This is for our loving family and friends, to follow along the journey to China with us.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
The hour countdown
Good morning! Today we woke up at 5:30am. Patrick had to go in early today, which is good, because it got me up and started for the day. I have already had breakfast...frosted flakes and water to drink. (the details will help me remember years from now the details of the day) I started one of the last loads of laundry, stripped the sheets off the bed to wash, folded one of the blankets...Erie thought it was a bed, and layed down on it, trying to "help" me. It was quite funny! Now I am checking my emails really quick, and will then do the last things I want to do.....vaccum,tidy up the basement from the leaves that blew in, sweep off the back patio full of leaves, dust the family room and then do a walk thru of the entire house, to see if I missed anything. If I get started now (it is 7am) I could be done with it all (except maybe the laundry) by10am. Then I can relax (much needed) for an hour, get in the shower and ready from 11-12 and then maybe have some lunch, if my stomach ache from nerves allows me too...Patrick will be home at 12:30pm and the social worker, Heather will be here at 1pm. Just a few months ago, we were waiting to call to get the process started...now we are having our first home visit with our social worker....hopefully this is a sign, that the waiting time to get on the airplane will go faster than we think.....I am sure there will be slow times, but just maybe it will feel fast at times...only time will tell, we will just have to wait and see. Okay, I will be back on after we are done to let you all know how it went.....the day we have been waiting for, and preparing for is finally here, and I guess I am as ready as I will ever be.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment