Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WE GOT IT!!!!!


As I walked home from next door, I stopped to get our mail...as I opened the mailbox I thought to myself "is it in there today?" "It" was the USCIS approval notice...the I-797 form.  This is a HUGE step, because it is the last piece of paperwork we need, in order to move to the next and almost final step before we are "DTC"  Dossier to China.

So, I opened the mailbox, and it was on the top of all the rest of the mail!!  Okay, so picture this:  It had just rained outside, so it was still soaked out there (so I could NOT drop anything)....I have my laptop bag, my purse, my lunch and the mail in my hands...and trying to find my keys, so that I could open the house up.....running...well not really running..more like power walking up the driveway, and up into the house.  I dropped everyting in the the kitchen, and let the dogs out ( they could not wait one more second...)  as I was waiting for them to get done outside, I stood in the basement and opened (well more like quickly ripped) the envelope opened to find the form we have been waiting for!!!  I let the dogs in, ran upstairs and called Patrick.....when he picked up, all I screamed (in the middle of balling) was "WE GOT IT!! We have been approved to adopt 2 children from the following Convention Country: China"  ( I read part of the form)  I then hung up, called Penny and read the same thing...by this time, I was crying so much!! I then called my mom, then my dad to say the same thing......then I really needed to hug someone out of pure excitement, so I called my neighbor for an "air hug" over the phone.....then I sat down and "tried" to relax...ha ha ha!! that did not work....for the next hour, I spent emailing friends and family, posting the news on FB and RQ (the China forum boards) We then had to go do some errands, and since we were almost to Penny's anyways, we stopped there to get a picture (the one of us holding the form) and celebrate with her for a bit. 

Our next step is to get it ready, so that we can send everything off to the Embassy...then off to China FINALLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment