Sunday, February 12, 2012

First care Package

Last month we sent Morgan a care package.  We have no clue if she received it, but we are really hoping she did! Among many things, we included a handmade photo book, so she can see us and close family, along with her dogs and cats.  We also sent 2 disposable cameras, in hopes that someone will take pictures of her, and we will get them back on gotcha day.  *fingers crossed* We plan to send one more package, when we return home from our cruise.  This will include clothes and toys again, along with more disposable cameras....I would love to try to fit 4 cameras inside, in hopes they will be used and we get them back.  It is important to us, that we share her past with her, and if we can receive pictures, it will help build her scrapbook.  We will also go look for one of those cards that you can record a message, and we can both say we love you together on the recording, so she can hear our voices.  Before I post the pictures, I will also share, that I have started working on a poster board of to do lists....one side of the board is for Avon goals and things to do before we leave for China, and the other side will list the things we need to buy/order online, freezer meals I want to make, things to do beforehand, like little projects in the house..ie: frame all of the cruise pictures we have bought on all of our cruises and I have yet to frame and hang them up...that sort of thing and also a spot where I am keepoing track of my weight loss.  Altho. I have 42 Lbs until my goal weight, and realistcly loosing that much before we go probably will not happen, I am aiming for 25 Lbs more...which would be a total weight loss of 31lbs....so we have been going to the gym a ton, and I have been very strict with my diet! I will enjoy the food on the cruise, my Birthday and I plan on making a small cake on Morgan's 1st Birthday...but other then those few times, I can not afford to cheat or get off my plan here....okay, enough rambling, time for pictures of putting her care package together.

(there are a bunch more, but the computer is having an attitude with me haha and not letting me upload them....come back tomorrow and hopefully the rest will be here)



The contents of her care package (the duck and outfit are wrapped already)

This is the letter to Morgan, that we had our agency translate for us.
Under all the pictures is the English versio, so you can see what it says

The chocolates are for her foster family

The homemade photo book


The stuffed duck bath toy is wrapped inside

Happy Valentines Day baby!

I sure hope she will be able to wear this on her Birthday!!


Her Bithday card!

The photo pages












Below is the letter to Morgan, we had translated (to be sure it got to her, we needed to use her full Chinese name)

To our dear sweet daughter, Dang Yu Zhen,


Mommy and daddy love you so much! We can not wait to come to China and bring you home. It might take us a few months, until we can get on the airplane to China, but we will be there as soon as we can. Everyone here is excited to meet you too! We hope that you enjoy the toys and outfit that we sent you. Have fun with the Birthday crown. We wish you a very Happy 1st Birthday!! We send you hugs and kisses!

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment