It is 1:16am on Monday morning, and I am wide awake. My stomach woke me up, as it is in a ball of excited/nervous nerves. This is a big week for us! On Wednesday, the 21st is Patrick's Birthday, where he turns 33...he is not a huge fan of his Birthday, so we decided to wait until his day to turn in our MCC (Medical Conditions Checklist) to our agency. This officially lets them know that we want to adopt a special needs child. We have chosen the needs we are comfortable with, and we have been told the wait time will only be 6-8 months from now...with September being month 1!!! They usually match at the end of the month, so we should be eligible for this month.....not holding our breath, but hey you just never know. In the longest case scenario as of right now....we *should* be matched by April of next year!! Seems long, but really it will be here before we know it, and of course it CAN be sooner then that!!! Then, after we are matched, the wait time until we travel (more paperwork, what a shocker) is 4-6 months..those will be the hardest months to wait in the entire process, because then we know who she is, and that she is waiting for us, and we are waiting on other people to do their part on paperwork required..just knowing that she is getting older each day will be SOOO hard!! I just hope and pray, that we are fortunate enough to have her home for Christmas of next year.....and that is very possible and probable....but you never know with something that is completely out of your control.
Another big day for us, is Friday, the 23rd. That day will mark our one year anniversary since starting the adoption process. I really can not believe it has been an entire year already! I mean, it really has gone by a whole lot faster then I thought it would.....I can only imagine how fast the wait time for match will go by.....and with the holidays approaching, I am sure it will go even faster. The holidays always go by way too fast for me...maybe because I love this time of year so much.
We purchased her changing table last week, and Patrick put it together, it is beautiful!!! Her crib and dresser is on order, and we can not wait to get that home too.
I plan on starting her ladybug blanket this week, in honor of this milestone week. I picked out some cute fabric over the summer, and I feel that it will be the right time to make the blanket now. Patrick and I will also be going out for some ice cream on Friday, to celebrate our big week.
Now if only I could sleep, that would be awesome! I can only imagine what the week, and the night before we leave to actually fly to China will be like.....I want to get as much sleep as possible, but I know myself too well, and have a feeling that I will only get a few hours each night, because my nerves and excitement will wake me up. I think I will be running on adrenaline starting the week before we leave until we get back home.
Wish me luck, I am going to try to go to sleep, as it is past 1:30 am....
No comments:
Post a Comment