Well, as you can probably guess, we have not been called. We were not expecting a call this early, but would be lying if we said we weren't hoping for one. Patrick has been out of town this week, and I miss him greatly...and that made Monday night (the night we cold have gotten a call) a hard thing to go thru on my own. See, the big difference with the special needs program, is you have no clue when you will get the call, how long you will wait, and where you stand in the "line" Many reasons as to why...every families MCC is different, and our agency has no way of knowing what children's file will be sent. Our agency also sponsors an orphanage, so they are able to receive even more files from that orphanage...but they do not get a heads up that the files are coming, they just show up. So you see, the idea of not knowing when is the hardest thing in the process at this point. From what I have heard from some friends that have already been matched, it could happen quicker then we all think (which would be GREAT!!) My dream, would to be able to have her referral in time for when we send out our Christmas cards...because you can guess then what our card will be :-) Only time will tell, but in the end we KNOW that we will be seeing her face in the near future, and WILL be getting on that airplane to fly to the other side of the world to bring her home.
Now, back to Monday night: I had charged my phone and my laptop....it got to be about 11pm and I was sooooo tired, I could not stay awake any longer. So, I took the computer and phone and put it next to me in the bed, on Patrick's side....I was like, well if they call/email I will be ready! I woke up at 1am, and checked..nothing. To tell you the truth, I was really bummed out..even tho. I had a high feeling that we would not be matched this early, it stung to now it really did not happen.....BUT, we know that our daughter is in China, and most likely already born, just waiting for her family...us.
Tonight is Thursday, where there may be more calls to families....even tho I told Patrick to keep his phone close, and I will do the same, I am not getting my hopes up at all...I am however looking forward to Saturday Oct. 1st...just a few days away for 2 reasons....
1.) Patrick gets home! Thank goodness...not only do I miss him like crazy, but our dogs have tried to walk all over me while he has been gone....I have stood my ground,, but boy have they tested my patience....love them to bits tho of course.
and 2.) It is the start of a new month. A new month of possibility....to get our call.
Just for future reference,,,,when we do get the call, we will NOT be able to share her info. or pictures on the blog/facebook or any other public website for a bit, until we receive the proper paperwork to do so...BUT....we can share via personal email. So....if you want us to email you, make sure we have your email! amo4503@gmail.com is Amanda's...so email me to make sure we can share our great news! We will post on here, that we got the call, but that is all we will be able to share....and NOTHING on facebook, until I have another important paper in my hand...so it will be a bit before pictures go out there...okay, done with my little "housekeeping" :-)
We know our time will come, and we know our daughter is waiting for us.....
No comments:
Post a Comment